The Real World Design Challenge (RWDC) is an annual competition that provides high school students, grades 9-12, the opportunity to work on real world engineering challenges in a team environment. Each year, student teams will be asked to address a challenge that confronts our nation's leading industries. Students will utilize professional engineering software to develop their solutions and will also generate presentations that convincingly demonstrate the value of their solutions. The RWDC provides students with opportunities to apply the lessons of the classroom to the technical problems that are being faced in the workplace.
- The Challenge for the year 2014-2015
- We are providing $50,000 scholarships from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University to each student on the national winning team.
Real World Design Challenge 2014 National Champions
Team Next Level from South Burlington, VT
KEEPING IT REAL.
- REAL PROBLEMS - Provides a practical application of classroom curriculum
- REAL TOOLS - Inspires students by showing them what is at their fingertips
- REAL ROLES - Requires teamwork, leadership and problem solving skills
- REAL DESIGNS - Fosters creativity, critical thinking, and innovation
- REAL CONTRIBUTIONS - Students can make a difference